Monday, September 12, 2016

1 Year Anniversary

Star Wars: Uprising was released a year ago on September 9. There was much buzz on the forums about what kind of celebration Kabam had in store for its trusty player base. There were many speculations, including the release of a new Vanity set, akin to the Scout Trooper set that Kabam gave to players a long long time ago in a galaxy no so far away. Others suggested that they would be happy with a simple communication from Kabam, especially on the forums.

So why am I posting all this several days late?

Well, I have to admit I was so disappointed that Kabam did absolutely nothing  for the anniversary that my only response was to shrug and sigh. Uprising is a fantastic game, but the recent radio silence from Kabam has been deafening. In a recent conversation with another Uprising player, I was told that a Support representative wouldn't even confirm or deny any kind of anniversary event when answering a ticket about the matter. At this point, Kabam seems a real embodiment of this guy:

Governor Adelhard IS Kabam.
While the optimist in me says that we shouldn't give up hope for Kabam to do something truly special for the anniversary in the fairly near future -- something cool -- my pessimism keeps telling me that hope is for suckers. One way or the other, we'll all find out if Kabam has something in the works. For the moment, I'll play the sucker.

2 comments:

  1. You know it's funny. I know for sure barring giving everyone a 6* crystal no matter what they did was going to be made fun of by longtime players but in retrospect to give *nothing* is really sad the more I think about it. I mean, 50 000 credits would have been amusing but at least it meant someone at the controls was *thinking* about the game. In a
    way I don't think it bodes well for the game frankly. I'm not much of a gamer but it I got the impression that a small acknowledgement for an anniversary is a reasonably common thing. It's troubling moving forward...

    Charade Scandal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Charade!

    Yeah, I totally hear you. I mean, if it were Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, I suspect we would have received a really cool thank you for playing the game. Tbh, I'm not much of a gamer myself. I play Uprising because I *love* Star Wars and the game's premise is not only interesting, but it's also canon.

    My suspicion is that Kabam cut off all special offers and severely limited communication with players because, at least in part, the 7* Sab Gear Offer turned out to be a terribly time-consuming nightmare for them. I also suspect that they've spent a lot of time lately optimizing the game for the new iPhone 7, making sure it runs as smoothly as possible. All this is as much to say that they're obviously understaffed and under pressure to make sure their Star Wars product continues to meet strict quality standards.

    At the end of the day, though, I don't want to sound like an apologist. How hard would it have been to issue players a Thank You in their inbox? Not hard at all.

    ReplyDelete