Monday, July 25, 2016

Auto Fill & You

So, as you're aware, Kabam rolled out 3.0 with a number of improvements, including the new Auto Fill feature for crew runs. While I'm certainly impressed with this new feature, I'm also a bit wary, especially since I've caught Auto Fill compiling nonsensical crews for missions. Let me explain.

So far as I've been able to tell, the new Auto Fill feature does not take into account any special characteristics or abilities for individual crew members. If one of your crew has a Leadership ability, for example, Auto Fill doesn't seem to notice.

To demonstrate my point, I've taken a few screen shots. For this Ivax Syndicate mission, Auto Fill did a commendable job filling out the crew, as seen in the top pic. The Success Chance reads 82%. That struck me as odd, so I dug through my crew manually.

One of these crew members doesn't belong.
As I suspected, I did have a crew member who would prove more useful than Blue Ghost, the 5th Crew Member in the row. Enter The Red Brine, or as I like to call him, fake Admiral Ackbar.

Hello, fake Admiral Ackbar.
You see, The Red Brine -- now in the 5th crew member position in pic number 2 -- is an Enforcer, meaning that he is strong on runs for the Ivax Syndicate. The gold sash in the top right hand corner of his portrait shimmered to tell me as much. Auto Fill, however, neglected to account for this fact. As you can also see, once I swapped Blue Ghost out for the Red Brine, the mission Success Chance jumped to 100%. Ahem.

The moral of this story? Well, Auto Fill is great. But. Give your crew a look before sending them out. You may be able to make a simple change that significantly bolsters your Success Chance. And we all want that, don't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment